Monday, October 20, 2008

ARIEL IS 17!!!!!!!!




We can't believe it! Ariel turned 17 on October 16th.
I remember having her like it was yesterday...
I was at a 2 for 2 weeks, (2 weeks over due:) and finally she decided it was time, if you know anything about Ariel she does everything in her own time, this was no exception.
With only 4 hrs of labor she came, tiny, so small I was actually afraid to unwrap her from all the blankets they had her in. She was the smallest thing I had ever held. We stayed in the hospital for 2 days which is not the norm but she was not breathing when she first came out so they wanted to watch her. It was a blizzard the day I got to take her home, we made it home, got warm, got settled and then she started to cry and cry and cry...I fed her, held her, sang to her, fed her again and finally asked my mom why she wouldn't stop crying, "did you change her?" was all she said and in that moment I realized I had no idea what I was doing. I cried, while she cried and somehow I think she knew I was a beginner.
And so the last 17 years have gone...Her crying, me trying... and somehow she knows I am still just a beginner, trying so hard to guide her and yet somehow falling short but never giving up.
The only words that truly describe the last 17 years are sung by Reba McEntire "You're gonna be"
I love you Ariel, You are my whole life, my whole heart and the window to my soul. Mom

3 comments:

JeriAnn said...

She is so beautiful. What a sweet mom you are. Ariel is very lucky to have you.

Pam Emmons said...

Look at you! A true blogger! I love these pics of Ariel. She is one of the most beautiful girls I have seen. She just has that natural beauty that will probably last forever. I can't believe how big all your girls are.

Sean and Karaden Lodder said...

ummm..so you brought me to tears...Happy Birthday Ariel:) Your girls are so lucky to have you as a mom you are the coolest and I'm not saying that cause your my boss:)